Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a meal in itself. You can substitute different vegetables if you like.
Make and share this Crock Pot Layered Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Layer vegetables in crock pot in order given.
- Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables.
- Cook 12 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
Anticipated this recipe greatly but was a bit disappointed in the results. I followed the recipe exactly using fresh vegetables. I found it had too much tomato sauce and cinnamon. The tomato sauce overpowered the flavor of the vegetables and the cinnamon almost overpowered the tomato sauce. I'd cut down on both next time.