My family loved this -- so easy and so good and it is a WW recipe too - 8 points/serving. Recipe source: Weight Watchers.com
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I used very lean ground beef with only 4% fat but I think this will also work with ground turkey too)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used WW mozzarella)
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over medium high heat brown beef, onion and garlic, stirring to break up beef (5-10 minutes) until meat is brown.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients (tomatoes - red pepper flakes) and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine ricotta and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spoon 1/3 of the tomato/beef mixture into crock pot. Break 3 lasagna noodles in half and arrange on top of tomato/beef mixture and top with half of the ricota mixture. Repeat with second layer. Finish with the remaining 1/3 of the meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over meat mixture and set aside for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and lasagna is firm (10 minutes or so).