Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.
- Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.
- Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.