Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.
- Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.
- Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
I am a big lasagna type of person and was doubtful of a crockpot lasagna but was willing to give it a try. I am so glad I did. The flavor and texture were terrific. Two changes I made: I used my own sauce and I cooked on high for 4 hours. This will be in my menu planning.
My Husband and I liked this recipe. But we thought it was a bit dry. Perhaps I will try cottage cheese instead of ricotta next time. The flavor was good and it was easy to put together.
Thank you for the recipe.
This recipe was just okay. I was not pleased with it as the noodles at the bottom were stuck together and overcooked. <br/>I only had it on low for 4 hours.