Recipe by Evan's Mommy
Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.
Top Review by Robin W
I am a big lasagna type of person and was doubtful of a crockpot lasagna but was willing to give it a try. I am so glad I did. The flavor and texture were terrific. Two changes I made: I used my own sauce and I cooked on high for 4 hours. This will be in my menu planning.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.
- Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.
- Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.