Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My sister found this recipe and loved it. She said it tasted like the frozen lasagna that we always get at Costco. NOTE: This recipe fills up the crock pot to the very top, so it’s a very tall lasagna.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (I added a little sugar, salt, pepper, & oregano)
- 1 (8 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Brown the beef, onion, and garlic in a little oil in a frying pan. Drain off any grease. Add the spaghetti sauce into the browned meat mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg. Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.
- Grease the slow cooker/Crock Pot with some vegetable shortening on the bottom and sides.
- Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed). Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that. Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender.
This was just ok. I would double the meat and sauce, but that is just personal preference. I agree with a previous review, mine was done in 3 - 31/2 hours. I followed recipe exact and the cheese seemed to have a grainy, gritty texture.
My stove and oven are currently not working so I have been searching for easy recipes that I can make in my crock pot. I made this as written and my boys told me this is the best lasagna they ever had. It is easy and once assembled you just forget about it. In my crock pot it was done perfectly in 3 hours. I figure mine must run hot. This was a real winner in my home. Thanks for the recipe.