Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and good!!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 340.19 g cottage cheese (we like 2%)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese or 118.29 ml asiago cheese
- 340.19 g lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 453.59 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
This was just toooooo easy!! And it was VERY good!! I put this in my crock pot (I have an oblong sized model) and some Italian Parmesan Bread in my bread machine and I went to work. When I came home, my whole house smelled wonderful!! Thanks Dorothy!!
Just a warning. Don't try to rush this recipe by setting the crock pot on high. I did that and the edges burned and left a burn flavor throughout. I know it would have been yummy otherwise. Also, next time I'm going to try replacing half the ground beef with spiced sausage to give it a kick.
Absolutely incredible! This was so delicious and easy. Mine was done after only 4 hours. I then turned the crockpot to the warm setting so it wouldn't be overcooked. I think this will become a regular in my house!