Recipe by Derf
Easy and good!!
Top Review by Susan H
Just a warning. Don't try to rush this recipe by setting the crock pot on high. I did that and the edges burned and left a burn flavor throughout. I know it would have been yummy otherwise. Also, next time I'm going to try replacing half the ground beef with spiced sausage to give it a kick.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces cottage cheese (we like 2%)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.