Recipe by digifoo
From the Kitchen of JillyPie (via Tink's WW Journey). Some digidoctoring. WW Core recipe.
Top Review by Heidy S.
This is amazingly good and simple to make. I added mushrooms to the sauce, used diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce which is what I had, and added more tomato paste to make up the difference. Also did not have the fat free mozerella cheese, so I did without. Still very good. When making the cottage cheese filling, I also beat in one egg and added some dried basil since that is how I usually make my ricotta filling. I was really suprised how good it was being made in a crockpot. Thanks!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounces shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey and onions in a skillet.
- Add garlic powder, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- In a bowl mix the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. (break to fit) Top with cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Cook on low for 5 – 5 ½ hours.