Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
*could use ground turkey instead * 8 oz can of tomato sauce is optional * I ended up sprinkling salt on this too because all I had were low-sodium tomatoes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- dried oregano, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken in small pieces
- Mix all together in sprayed crock pot. Make sure noodles are buried in sauce well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
My son said, "You left out the yucky stuff!!!!!" :) Thanks for the ricotta-less...ah hem...yuck-free, lasagna recipe! It gets raves from this house!