Recipe by Terry Davis
Easy to make and easy to eat! Yummy
Top Review by Debbb
Really good recipe! But, I agree with another reviewer that it lacked something. I was quite satisfied by adding salt & pepper at the table but my husband thought it was bland. I was impressed with not having to cook the noodles & then handle them hot but I was afraid that they wouldn't get cooked properly. But, everything worked out great! I liked the addition of the corn and was pleased with the texture of the ricotta even though I had never tasted it before.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, 15oz container
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until onions are clear.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Add italian seasoning, tomato sauce, corn and water to meat.
- Heat for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Break noodles into thirds.
- place half of the noodles in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add half of the meat mixture, half of the ricotta cheese then half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add remainder of noodles, meat mixture, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.