Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
South Beach Diet Phase 2
- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- vegetables or mushrooms or onions or bell pepper, Etc
- Saute any veggies you wish to include and add to sauce. Set aside.
- Brown beef, drain. Add to sauce with water.
- Break noodles in half. Place ½ in bottom of greased crock pot. Layer 1/2 of sauce mixture over noodles. Top with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low.
I followed the suggestion of the first rater and added more water, about 1 cup. I also added a layer of pepperoni and extra mozzarella along with a parmesan/romano blend. It was tremendously easy and my husband loved it.
I found this to be pretty dry, so I will definitely add more moisture next time, perhaps a can of tomato sauce. And I will add more cheese of both kinds, although I suppose that does defeat its purpose as a diet friendly dish. We really did like the flavor and the convienience of coming home to a ready-cooked meal. I will be making it again, jusy with a couple of adjustments.