Recipe by Bergy
An easy crock pot meal. Add a fresh green salad, new carrots and some snap peas and you have a tasty meal
Top Review by John Thomas
I've cooked Bell Peppers in the crockpot before and have always burned the bottoms and sides. Thanks for giving me a solution to at least half that problem! Put the tops of the pepper in the bottom of the pot and the stuffed peppers on top of the tops! Thanks!
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 lb ground lamb (lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (Preferably Basmati)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tops off the peppers, remove seeds and fiber.
- Brown the lamb and onion in the oil.
- Mix in rice and the seasonings.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture.
- Put pepper tops in the bottom of crock pot and place the peppers on top.
- Pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove peppers.
- Mix in cornstarch, tomato paste, lemon juice and sour cream with the broth remaining in the crockpot.
- Return peppers to cooker cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve the sauce with the peppers.