Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy crock pot meal. Add a fresh green salad, new carrots and some snap peas and you have a tasty meal
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 lb ground lamb (lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (Preferably Basmati)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cut the tops off the peppers, remove seeds and fiber.
- Brown the lamb and onion in the oil.
- Mix in rice and the seasonings.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture.
- Put pepper tops in the bottom of crock pot and place the peppers on top.
- Pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove peppers.
- Mix in cornstarch, tomato paste, lemon juice and sour cream with the broth remaining in the crockpot.
- Return peppers to cooker cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve the sauce with the peppers.
I've cooked Bell Peppers in the crockpot before and have always burned the bottoms and sides. Thanks for giving me a solution to at least half that problem! Put the tops of the pepper in the bottom of the pot and the stuffed peppers on top of the tops! Thanks!
We loved this! The only change I made was using chicken broth and skipping the cumin -- served with green beans for a great middle-of-the-week supper. Thanks for sharing!