Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Taken from the Irish variation, but modified to suit our family's tastes!!! Soooo good on a cold day:)
- 1 lb lamb chop, trimmed of fat and bones
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-sodium beef bouillon, mixed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, rough chopped
- 4 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms
- half salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- Trim and cube the chops, placing them in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle with "half salt", pepper and parsley.
- Repeat with every layer, potatoes being the next layer after the lamb.
- Once layered, pour in the oxo beef bouillon, made according to the package directions.
- Cook on low in the crock pot for 8 hours, or on high for four.
- If desired, serve with buttered bread or rolls.
- ***Alternatively, put it in a covered casserole dish in the oven at 325F for one hour and 40 minutes.