Recipe by lets.eat
My DH's favorite, we have it every year for Christmas dinner. I don't follow the recipe all the time w/this, always adding more of every thing, including peas sometimes and have also added some red wine instead of all water.
Top Review by Dasme
Excellent recipe! I made a couple of adjustments. I used chicken stock instead of water and omitted the gravy mix. (I didn't have any on hand.) Also did not have marjoram and celery and it tasted fine without them. I cooked it on low for 8 hours. The meat was quite tender and the stew flavorful. I served it with homemade bisuits that I had baked and frozen previously. I heated those up in the oven straight from the freezer; split them and buttered them; and then toasted them (buttered side down, in the pan until they were a golden brown. My daughters loved this. My 5 year-old said that she would rate it 100!
- 2 -3 lbs boneless lamb, cut in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 (7/8 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 5 carrots, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable bag, mix together the flour, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Add lamb and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and brown the lamb cubes. Remove and place in crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, gravy mix, marjoram and garlic.
- Add the vegetables and gravy liquid to crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.