Recipe by Jamie B
I love lamb with thyme, and the other gentle spices complement the dish nicely. By preparing this in the crock pot, you'll have it hot and ready when you are.
- 2 onions
- 5 medium carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 5 fennel seeds
- 1 lb boneless lamb or 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb chops
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions and slice into 1/8ths. Put in to crock pot. (1.5 quart crock pot is plenty big.).
- Peel carrots and slice into 1/2 inch chunks. Add to crock pot.
- Wash celery and cut in to 1/2 inch chunks. Add to crock pot. Mix veggies.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- If desired, cut lamb into bite-sized pieces.
- Coat lamb with dry herb mixture.
- Add water and lamb to crock pot.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours, or on low for about 6 hours. (I did high for 2 hours, then low for 2 more.).
- Serve over mashed potatoes.