6 hrs 20 mins
Cindy Lynn's Note:
I only recently discovered lamb, but we found we love it. Here is my first attempt to 'create' my own dish using lamb chops. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lamb chops
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 lb fresh carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spear, cut to 4 to 6 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Spray crock pot with non-stick spray (I use Mazola No-stick).
- 2Brown lamb chops on both sides if desired.
- 3Place in bottom of crock pot.
- 4In fry pan used to brown lamb chops, cook onions and garlic, with curry powder, just until beginning to turn transparent.
- 5Transfer onions and garlic to crock pot, spreading evenly over lamb chops.
- 6Lay bay leaves on top.
- 7Arrange potato quarters evenly on top of previously arranged ingredients being sure they do not touch the sides of the crock pot.
- 8Arrange carrots over top; try to avoid leaving any potatoes exposed as they will tend to turn dark (You may need to add more carrots, depending on the size, to achieve this).
- 9Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Cook on high for at least 3 hours, or Cook on low for at least 6 hours, or Cook on high, then reduce to low allowing 2 hours on low for each hour on high.
- 12When there is only an hour left of cooking time, place asparagus spears on top of all and sprinkle a little more curry powder on top.
- 13If you wish, you can add a tablespoon of butter on top of the asparagus.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Lamb Chops Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.1
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 203.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce