Recipe by Mercy
Lentils are my favorite legume and I am always on the lookout for new lentil recipes!
- 12 ounces lean boneless lamb or 12 ounces beef, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown meat in hot oil.
- Drain fat.
- Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker place celery, carrots, and lentils.
- Top with meat.
- Stir in soup, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.