1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Lamb and Barley Stew
9 hrs 15 mins
Lamb, barley and root vegetables are made for a slow cooker, blending their flavors into a delicious stew. This is another great recipe from the BHG Slow Cooker Recipes book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/2 ", thick
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 2/3 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1Place the meat, onion, turnips and carrots in the crock pot.
- 2Stir in the broth, beer, barley and all seasonings.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 4Stir in the parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Lamb and Barley Stew
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 1538.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 46.4 g