Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking. Sort of wonder if leftover rinds from cheese or cooked tortellini (instead of spaghetti noodles) might be good in this too.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups cooked dark chicken meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chunked
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, estimating
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, estimating
- 6 ounces spaghetti noodles, raw and broken into pieces
- 4 ounces raw spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional garnish) or 4 tablespoons asiago cheese (optional garnish)
- Line your slow cooker with a liner.
- Put water, chicken, all vegetables EXCEPT for the spinach leaves into the crock pot.
- Stir in the bouillon and vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender and the onion is translucent.
- 15 minutes before serving, put in raw spaghetti noodles and a large handful of spinach.
- Cover and turn crock pot up to high.
- Garnish with parmesan and asiago cheeses, if desired.