Recipe by Ellen Brody
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. It is a family favorite. Very simple and easy to do yet has good flavor and tastes great.
Top Review by Amber of AZ
I love sauerkraut and sausage type recipes and I love this recipe. Not only was it easy to prepare, but filling too. I enjoyed the flavor of the smokey kielbasa with the kraut and potatoes. Also, this recipe is very economical to buy ingredients for if you buy the store brand rather than the name brand of canned products. I look forward to the leftovers. I am planning on mashing up some of the leftovers and frying them into small pancakes. YUM!! :)
- 453.59-907.18 g polska kielbasa (the smoked type, adds the flavor to potatoes and kraut while cooking)
- 411.06 g can sauerkraut
- 3 (1275.72 g) canof whole potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the large can or jar of sauerkraut, with juice, on one side of crock pot.
- Drain 2 cans of potatoes and put on other side of crockpot.
- Pour the other can of potatoes with juice inches.
- Cut up meat into small chunks and put on top.
- This must go for 10 hours on low (at the least) for the flavor of the meat to get to potatoes.
- I substitute large can of sauerkraut with my own homemade and substitute the potatoes with one quart jar of my canned potatoes with a little of juice.