Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. It is a family favorite. Very simple and easy to do yet has good flavor and tastes great.
- Pour the large can or jar of sauerkraut, with juice, on one side of crock pot.
- Drain 2 cans of potatoes and put on other side of crockpot.
- Pour the other can of potatoes with juice inches.
- Cut up meat into small chunks and put on top.
- This must go for 10 hours on low (at the least) for the flavor of the meat to get to potatoes.
- I substitute large can of sauerkraut with my own homemade and substitute the potatoes with one quart jar of my canned potatoes with a little of juice.
I love sauerkraut and sausage type recipes and I love this recipe. Not only was it easy to prepare, but filling too. I enjoyed the flavor of the smokey kielbasa with the kraut and potatoes. Also, this recipe is very economical to buy ingredients for if you buy the store brand rather than the name brand of canned products. I look forward to the leftovers. I am planning on mashing up some of the leftovers and frying them into small pancakes. YUM!! :)
My husband & I do NOT like kraut but love keilbasa & potatoes so we gave this receipe a try. We used all canned foods. It was really great! Remember to cook the full duration. The smoky flavor is to die for!
Was so suprised at how salty this turned out! Was the salt from the sausage or the saurkraut?? Bottom line, we didn't like this one. The sausage was sort of dry and everthing else was too salty to eat.