Recipe by Oliver1010
This is a very simple and great recipe that my family has been making for years and I don't see anything like it on this site. It's from a 1976 edition of a Better Homes and Gardens Crockery Cooker cookbook, listed as Sausage-Garbanzo bake. I usually double the recipe and serve with white rice. You can reduce the fat content by choosing low-fat or Turkey-kielbasa.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced (Polish sausage)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In crock pot combine all ingredients.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours (or, as I prefer, low setting for 7 to 8 hours).
- Remove bay leaves.