- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-fat chicken broth
- 6 ounces dry pinto beans, picked through
- 6 ounces dried split peas, picked through
- 16 ounces kielbasa, split in half and sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients except the tomatoes in a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Add the diced tomatoes with juice and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Added note-as one reviewer found out, if you add the tomatoes to the crockpot at the begining of the recipe, your beans will remain hard and uncooked.