Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful crockpot dish to serve for guests. If you prepare the cilantro mixture a day before the flavors will be more intense.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small jicama, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, including tops, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Trim fat from beef, discard.
- Cut into 5-6 pcs.
- Place in cooker.
- Sprinkle with beef granules and pepper.
- Top with tomato.
- Cover and cook LOW 7-8 hrs., till steak is tender.
- While meat cooks, combine jicama, cilantro, green onions, ginger, jalapeno chile, and oil in small bowl and refrigerate.
- Remove steak from cooker.
- Spoon jicama mixture over each serving.