Recipe by Michelle S.
I got this recipe from a friend who loves ANYTHING to do with Jamaica.
Top Review by PJ in Oklahoma
This was a wonderful recipe and so easy to make. I took it to work and almost didn't get any because it went so fast. Instead of rubbing the seasoning on the chicken, I poured the seasoning onto a plate and patted the chicken onto it. This makes it spicier, but everyone loved it. PJ from Cushing
- 3 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large green peppers or 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 6 -7 hoagie rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub jerk seasoning generously over chicken thighs.
- place pepper and onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Place chicken over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine broth and ketchup; mix well.
- Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred.
- Return to crock pot and mix well.
- With a slotted spoon place chicken mixture into buns.