4 hrs 15 mins
From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine, this is the easy way to make jerk chicken! This is a Caribbean recipe and a southern one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger)
- 1/4-1 habanero pepper, seeded, deveined, finely minced (wear gloves-you may adjust this to what heat level you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 3 -4 lbs chicken tenders
- 1Combine onion and ginger in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients, except chicken, and pulse until well blended.
- 2Place chicken in a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- 3Cover, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours on high. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Jerk Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.4 mg
- Sodium 726.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 81.5 g