Recipe by Leah's Kitchen
I have yet to try this recipe but it looks pretty good. I got it off of a website called realcajunrecipes.com. It calls for noodles but you can obviously use rice instead if you like. Posted for ZWT5
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces whole tomatoes, blended
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp (optional)
- 1 lb pasta or 3 -4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock-pot add all together except, bell pepper and shrimp.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add shrimp and bell pepper and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or combine with enough rice to the desired consistency. Instead of rice, prepare pasta and serve over it for Pastalaya.