A delicious dish to serve over rice with sausage, chicken, and shrimp. Have plenty of hot sauce for those who like it! This is perfect for cold weather and Mardi Gras.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into chunks (may use smoked sausage)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (may use Tabasco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups hot steamed rice (amount approximate, based on your serving size)
- Place all ingredients except shrimp and rice in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in shrimp and cook covered, until shrimp are curled and opaque (and chicken is cooked as well).
- Serve mixture over hot steamed rice.