Recipe by LynnG #2
A quick and tasty authentic Jambalaya. Ingredients can mixed the night before and placed in the fridge. Just pull out and plug in the next morning.
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups spicy smoked sausage, fully cooked and sliced (andouille is best)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined uncooked, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve jambalaya with rice.