Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Make and share this Crock Pot Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cut chicken into cubes. Slice sausage. Chop onion, green pepper and celery.
- Place into crock pot, add remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice.
- Cook on low heat for about 7 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add cooked shrimp and cooked rice.
This was very good and very easy to make. Followed the recipe exactly as written the first time. The second time I doulbed the cayenne and cajun seasoning and added a few splashes of hotsause to give it a little kick and