1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup
8 hrs 30 mins
This takes a little advance preparation, but it is great to come home to after a long day. Pastina and acini di pepe pasta is very small pasta and can be added the last hour or so of the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup boneless cooked chicken breast (baked or boiled and chopped into shreds)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups escarole or 2 cups spinach, torn into small pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pastina pasta or 1/4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix all ingredients together.
- 3Form into very small balls (I get approximately 90 meatballs from 1 pound ground beef. I bake mine on a nonstick cookie sheet and turn them half-way through the cooking time).
- 4Bake about 10-15 minutes, until the meatballs have browned but are still soft (watch closely).
- 5Remove from oven and drain on paper towel, if necessary.
- 6Soup: Place all of the ingredients, except the pasta and escarole or spinach, into the crock pot with meatballs.
- 7Cook on low for 8 hours (Add pasta and escarole or spinach during the last hour of cooking and salt to taste, if necessary).
- 8Remove bay leaves.
- 9Top each serving with grated parmesan or romano cheese.
- 10Note: The meatballs must be prepared before being put into the crock pot (make them the night before and put them in the refrigerator, or even keep a batch in the freezer. I basically prepare as much as I can in advance so all I have to do is just put it all in the crock pot in the morning).
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 732.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 32.6 g