Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a great soup for crisp fall evenings. I used thighs or breasts for the cooked chicken and this would be great for leftover chicken.
- 16 1⁄2 ounces meatballs
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup acini di pepe pasta (small pasta)
- Pop the meatballs in the microwave for 1 minute on defrost so you can quarter them.
- Combine rest of ingredients except pasta in crock pot and cook all day on low.
- Add the pasta during the last hour of cooking.
- Freezes well.
This was one of the most delicious, and definitely the easiest, version of Italian Wedding Soup, which happens to be my favourite! I have never had chicken in it before and it was a nice addition. I made the recipe as listed except for doubling the amount of pasta and grating some fresh parmesan on top. Terrific! Made for my teammate for ZWT7, Thanks Mary! :)
This was a great and filling soup. I wouldn't change a thing! Made for ZWT 7.
This soup was amazing. I just made it and had it on all day. My hubby even said it was better than the canned soup. Will make this again and again. Thanks again for the fab recipe.