Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was looking for a nice and easy hot soup recipe for a cold winter day, but one that would be ready when I came home from work. I found this one in Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. It is so yummy and flavorful! And it couldn't be any easier! You can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top, or add other vegetables. We loved it just the way it is, and served with a fresh, crusty loaf of bread.... Mmm.
- 3 small carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil (or use fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 3 cups beef stock
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- Layer carrots, onions, potatoes, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and kidney beans in slow cooker.
- Do not stir.
- Add beef stock.
- Cover; cook on Low 8-9 hours, or on High 4 1/2-5 1/2 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- Turn slow cooker to high.
- Stir in tomatoes and ham.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.