Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Perfect for an easy but satisfying Sunday supper!
- 1 (2 lb) beef flank steak
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs (about 3 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- Flatten steak to 1/2-in. thickness; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Add the bread crumbs, parsley, egg, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread over steak to within 1 inches of edge. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove string before slicing steak; serve with gravy.