6 hrs 25 mins
Sam #3's Note:
Taken from busycooks.about.com. This updated version of Italian sausage and peppers cooks in the crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs Italian turkey sausage
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook turkey sausage in heavy skillet over medium heat until browned, turning occasionally.
- 2Layer half of the onions on bottom of 3-4 quart crockpot, then add half of the peppers.
- 3Add all of the browned turkey sausage, then the rest of the onions and peppers.
- 4Add bay leaves and other spices.
- 5Combine diced undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and red wine in small bowl and mix well to blend.
- 6Pour over mixture in crockpot.
- 7Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Italian Sausage and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 1972.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g