Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A very easy, delicious supper.
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper and then dry spaghetti seasoning mix.
- Place in crock-pot.
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Slice and serve on hot spaghetti; spoon sauce over the whole dish.
It doesn't get any easier than this! I made this with 2 pounds beef for the 2 of us, but still used 2 tomatoes. I also added 1 cup water to get more of the delicious juicy sauce. Very Good!!
I tried this because of ease of preparation and the great reviews. I used a rump roast and cut the cooking time way down. This was really a bust for my family. No one liked it. I won't be making it again.
I agree with MizzNezz, it doesn't get any easier than this. I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so I used a 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes, and it worked out beautifully. I also took the roast out, thicken the gravy with a mix of corn starch and milk, sliced the meat and put it back in during the last hour of cooking. The family loved this.