Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A nice comfort food.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 small chopped green bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- hot cooked pasta, your choice
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- Transfer to your crock pot.
- Add the next 13 ingredients except cooked pasta and shredded mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Sauce should be slightly thickened.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
- Stir pizza sauce before serving over pasta.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.