Recipe by buttercup0009
I made this recipe just the other night. It tasted wonderful! It has just the right mixture of flavorings. It truly tastes like it could be served at an Italian restaurant! My husband, who is pretty picky, even liked it. I omitted the mushrooms, because he doesn't like them, and it still turned out good. I also didn't use Italian style tomatoes or paste. I just added about a tsp. more Italian seasoning. I cooked the noodles and chopped the veggies the night before, so it was a breeze to just throw everything in the crock pot and go on w/ my day! Hope you all enjoy!
Top Review by Michael Stok
It was good, in that it was home cooking, made in the crock pot, and easy to prepare, but seemed to lack something...this would not be put into our menu rotation. Kids (2 & 5 yrs.) did not like the looks of the meal and the vegetables. Prepared as above, the chicken was dry. To avoid this, I would suggest cutting the chicken into larger pieces, and possibly try layering the ingredients differently in the crock pot.
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (9 ounce) can green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (reg. or Italian style)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (reg. or Italian style)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (use a little more if you didn't use Italian style tomatoes or paste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into about 1 in pieces, set aside.
- Place green beans, onion, and mushrooms (if using) in your slow cooker.
- Place chicken pieces over veggies.
- In a sm bowl combine undrianed tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seas, and garlic.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hour.
- or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.
- Sprinkle w/ Parm cheese.