Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very delicious chicken dish with mushrooms, zucchini and green peppers in a flavor filled tomato sauce. Wonderful served over rice.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (1 lb) can diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut up
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 inch chunks
- Salt and pepper chicken and brown in olive oil in a skillet.
- Remove chicken to crock pot.
- Saute garlic and onion in same skillet and add tomatoes and basil; stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to crock pot, then pour tomato mixture over.
- Cook on low temperature for 6 to 8 hours.
- If desired, thicken sauce and serve over rice.
I loved this recipe. I used all thighs in it. The combination of flavors is wonderful. Great recipe for a busy weeknight. I loved the veggies. Great recipe.