Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
WONDERFUL FLAVOR!!! A meal-in-one dinner...just add some crusty bread. Cooks while you are at work or away shopping. Serve over pasta noodles. Easy preparation.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (21 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch pieces. Salt and flour pieces. Lightly brown in oil.
- Place chopped vegetables in crock pot. Place chicken pieces on top.
- Mix spaghetti sauce with water, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Pour mixture over all.
- Turn crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hours. (or you may start on high for first hour and then low for 3 to 4 hours).
- Serve over choice of pasta noodles and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
This recipe was not good at all. Infact it isnt much of a recipe. Very bland. This recipe is only as good as the jar sauce you buy from the store. Well, Just to finish the entire sauce that I made I modified the recipe by cooking some mashed garlic and chopped onions in olive oil and then browning some ground beef (because we hated it with the chicken) with it. then i added some red pepper flakes adn a pinch of italian seasoning. then i added the sauce along with the chicken and mashed up the chicken (so not to waste it) with the wooden spoon. I let it simmer for a while. meanwhile the pasta was done cooking. i mixed the pasta with shredded sharp cheese and ricotta cheese and sour cream and kept it aside. Then I poured some of the sauce into a casserole dish and put some pasta on top of it then layered with some more sauce and so on and topped with Parmesan cheese. and baked in the oven in 350 degrees till the cheese melted. yummy. I dont understand why some people give a 5 star rating and then when u read the review you realize that they have not used a single ingredient from the actual recipe and followed a totally different recipe. That does not make any sense.
FAB! Easy and SO SO tasty! I cheated and slow cooked this in my wood burning oven, as it was on, and cooked it slowly for about 3 hours with perfect results. I used all the ingredients with exception of carrots - I was all out! So, I subbed the carrots with field mushrooms, which worked very well indeed - everything else was as posted. I served this wonderful and comforting stew over spaghetti and spinkled it with parmesan cheese. I also served some rosemary toasted bread on the side for a WONDERFUL Italian style luncheon dish. Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap and for the Mediterranean Photo event in the Photo's Forum. This is a keeper for me SC! Merci beacoup darlink! FT:-)