Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a recipe from one of Gooseberry Patch's newest cookbooks. Easy and tasty, it's perfect for the coming autumn days. This is recommended to be served over hot, cooked thin spaghetti. I haven't tried this yet, but wanted the recipe here so I can prepare it soon.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs favorite skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups zucchini, cut into slices 1/2-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Rub this mixture into the skinned chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken in crock pot with the spaghetti sauce mix, Italian seasoning, and white wine or chicken broth. Cover and cook on LO for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add zucchini during last hour of cooking. Serve over prepared thin spaghetti or as desired.