Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a recipe from one of Gooseberry Patch's newest cookbooks. Easy and tasty, it's perfect for the coming autumn days. This is recommended to be served over hot, cooked thin spaghetti. I haven't tried this yet, but wanted the recipe here so I can prepare it soon.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs favorite skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups zucchini, cut into slices 1/2-inch thick
- Mix together the garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Rub this mixture into the skinned chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken in crock pot with the spaghetti sauce mix, Italian seasoning, and white wine or chicken broth. Cover and cook on LO for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add zucchini during last hour of cooking. Serve over prepared thin spaghetti or as desired.
Dry, dry, dry. Followed recipe exactly. Sorry - we won't be making this again. I ended up throwing about a pound of chicken out.
This is my first bad review. But to be honest it might have been my fault. The sauce kind of disappeared so I started adding more and more wine, probably not a good idea. We did not like the taste at all and sauce was real watery and chicken overcooked....but I have a feeling it was me, not the recipe.
Outstanding! Extremely easy to prepare, fork-tender when it came out of the crock pot, delicious flavor--could not ask for a better crock pot chicken recipe. I used whole boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken pieces, omitted the zucchini, used chicken broth instead of white wine, and just didn't have any spaghetti in the house to serve it over. It was so good on its own, the lack of pasta was not noticed! I am looking forward to making this one again!