Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have had this recipe for so long I don't remember where I got it but I have handed out the recipe many times. Nice meal to let cook all day and the flavor is great. I usually double the recipe for some great leftovers. I have also added onions but DH prefers recipe without them. Sometimes with the leftovers we will put on top of mashed potatoes instead of bun.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasons Italian dressing, dry mix
- 3 cloves crushed garlic (can use more or less, I use more)
- 1 (8 ounce) jarsliced pepperoncini peppers (I add the the liquid of peppers instead of the water, it makes them spicer)
- 6 ounces water (I add the liquid from the jar of pepperozini, you can also add half of the liquid and half of the wa)
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Cut roast in half.
- Put roast in crockpot and add all ingredients.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low or until beef is cooked to your desire.
- Remove roast and Shred.
- Put shredded beef back in broth to blend.
- With slotted spoon put beef on bun.
Oh my, did this make a very tasty roast beef sandwich! The beef was tender and falling apart when we got home at lunch time. We topped some good crusty rolls with the hot beef, slices of Mozzarella cheese and some fresh chopped basil. Since I cut the recipe in half, the kids and I had a difficult time saving some beef for Dad who can't have gluten. He thoroughly enjoyed the beef along with some baby new potatoes for dinner. Thanks happynana for this very tasty recipe. I will definitely add it to the keeper file. Made and reviewed for the 30th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
I didn't follow this exactly, but close. It was very good, and made the best sandwiches. Give it a try!
Fabulous - easy and tasty. The aroma alone is reason to make this. My honey loves anything with pepperoncini in it, so this was for him. I used the pepperoncini liquid as suggested. It wasn't the moistest meat, but the flavor was excellent, and on it's second go-'round I barely roasted garden-plum tomatoes and topped the beef with them. Good on a 'weck roll. Thanks for this recipe, happynana!