1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Italian Beef Philly Cheese Steak Garlic Bread Sandwich
4 hrs 15 mins
Literary Mom's Note:
I combined three delicious recipes to make one out of this world sandwich! To make it less spicy, seed the pepperoncini and replace some of the juice with water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 7 pepperoncini peppers, de-stemmed, reserve 2 cups pepperoncini juice from jar
- 2 teaspoons beef stock or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1Put the beef in the crock pot and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients (including pepperoncini juice) EXCEPT the last five, stir, and cook on high for three hours.
- 3Coarsely shred beef with a fork and cook an additional hour.
- 4While beef is finishing up, toast bread.
- 5Cut garlic clove in half and rub on 4 slices of bread and then spread butter on them.
- 6Spread mayonnaise on the remaining 4 slices, top with cheese.
- 7Broil all the slices of bread until cheese is melted.
- 8Spoon meat and peppers with juices on to garlic-buttered bread slices. Top with cheese-mayo bread slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Italian Beef Philly Cheese Steak Garlic Bread Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (1822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1039.8
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 2747.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 54.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: