I combined three delicious recipes to make one out of this world sandwich! To make it less spicy, seed the pepperoncini and replace some of the juice with water.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 7 pepperoncini peppers, de-stemmed, reserve 2 cups pepperoncini juice from jar
- 2 teaspoons beef stock or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Put the beef in the crock pot and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including pepperoncini juice) EXCEPT the last five, stir, and cook on high for three hours.
- Coarsely shred beef with a fork and cook an additional hour.
- While beef is finishing up, toast bread.
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub on 4 slices of bread and then spread butter on them.
- Spread mayonnaise on the remaining 4 slices, top with cheese.
- Broil all the slices of bread until cheese is melted.
- Spoon meat and peppers with juices on to garlic-buttered bread slices. Top with cheese-mayo bread slices.