Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love 5 ingredient or less recipes, and I also love smelling dinner when I walk in from work. A friend of mine used this recipe for a venison roast and said it was terrific!
- 2 -5 lbs roast
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (Greek)
- Put roast in crock pot.
- Add bouillon cubes and powdered dressing mix.
- Pour entire jar (do NOT drain) of peppers over roast.
- Cook 6-8 hours on HIGH.
- When roast is tender and falling apart, finish shredding (I just stick 2 forks in the crock pot and start pulling apart) and serve on fresh hoagie rolls.
This was a super easy meal which my family wolfed down! I used the sliced pepperoncini, otherwise made as posted. Put a ladle full of 'juice' over the sandwiches. This will be on regular rotation in our home! Thanks for a great italian beef!
This was very good. Super easy (does it get any easier???). Had a mix of reviews from the 6 who ate it, but the average was 4 stars. I used the venison and cooked for about 8 hours on high. Meat was just pull-apart tender. We also cooked up some nice onions and mushrooms so people could have them "their way," and served with provolone. Thanks for a super easy one that I will come back to often. Will try with beef next time!
WOW!!! I made this a couple nights ago & my family RAVED about it! I toasted hoagie buns, added mozzerella cheese & put them under the broiler, & added sauted green peppers & onion. They are already asking when I'm making it again! Thank you, this was perfect!