Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I start this after dinner the night before and forget it so much that when I get up in the morning I wonder what smell so good! I usually do a quick stir about 12-13 hours into it just so anything thats not in the juice gets mixed. Serve it with Mozzarella cheese on crispy rolls for a really good sandwich thats easy.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef roast (I use whatever is on sale and trim some but not all excess fat)
- 1 (1 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
If you like add
- 1 finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Add onion and/or peppers if you like.
- Sprinkle dry mix over the top of all.
- Cook on low for 24 hours. (Note: NO liquids at all. The moisture stays trapped in the crockpot as long as you don't open it up.).
"It's too easy, can't be good" is what I thought when I read this recipie, until I tried it today. My husband said "Why are you putting it in the crock pot tonight, when we're going to eat it tomorrow night?". It was SOOO good, I am replacing my usual roast recipie with this one. Absolutely lucious!
I have made this recipe many times, but I add a packet of ranch dressing mix along with the Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. I know this sounds strange,but the combination of flavors is great and it makes a wonderful sauce to serve with noodles.
I have made this and it is awesome! So easy and so good! I have also cooked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-6 hours, or until it falls apart.