Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great little recipe for a cool fall day. :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 6 cups water (do not do next ingredient if using chicken broth) or 48 ounces chicken broth (do not do next ingredient if using chicken broth)
- 2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved
- 2 (5 ounce) cans cooked chicken, water drained off
- 1. Rinse beans in sink in colander.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in 5 quart crock pot and set on LOW for 4 hours.
I made this early in the morning for our lunch one day and I cut the recipe in half. Using half a can of northern beans and 1 can of pinto beans. I used homemade chicken broth so I didn't need to add the stock cubes and used some leftover frozen shredded chicken. Delicious. Next time I will probably used fresh onions and garlic but that is my preferrence. Wonderful dish. Thank you for posting mryglwk9. Made for Spring PAC 2012.