Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
A good, hearty stew good for anytime of the year, but just perfect for St. Patrick's day. I think the recipe came from the crock pot cookbook included with cooker.
- 1 lb boneless lamb
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lamb into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet brown pieces, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain well.
- Meanwhile combine turnips, carrots, potatoes, onions, tapioca, salt, pepper and thyme in a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart crock pot. Stir in browned lamb and beef broth.
- Cover; cook on LO setting for 10-12 hours (or on HI setting for 5-6 hours).