Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I got this recipe from the Living section of a local newspaper some years ago. Not sure of its origin.
- 3 lbs lamb, cubed, browned & drained
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 medium carrots, Pared & Cut Into 1/2-inch Slices
- 4 small onions, Sliced Thin
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 6 medium potatoes, Pared & Quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (20 ounce) can green peas
- Place the lamb cubes in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the peas. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
- NOTE: Add the peas during the last hour of cooking.