1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Indonesian Style Country Ribs
6 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Easy to put together in the crock and go. Goes great with steamed jasmine rice and fresh pineapple and stir-fried veggies cooked with a little bit of the sauce from the ribs (I had some mushrooms and snow peas). This was inspired by KitchenManiac's Curry Devil Curry Devil, a dish that I really love and prepare whenever I have the time and ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork country-style spareribs, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup ketjap manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lime, juice of (no seeds)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 -4 Thai red chili peppers, slice thin (optional)
- 3 cups steamed jasmine rice (optional)
- 1Place ribs in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Separate onion into rings and place on top of pork.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together ketjap manis, pineapple juice, lime juice, ketchup, brown sugar, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper until blended.
- 4Pour mixture over pork and onions.
- 5Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until pork is tender and cooked through.
- 6Serve pork with rice (if desired), garnished with slices of hot chiles.
- 7Serving suggestion: for my dinner, I also took some sliced crimini mushrooms and snow peas (about 2 cups each), and stir-fried those with some hot chilies until they were partly cooked, then added a ladle of the sauce from the crock and allowed it to thicken onto the veggies until the veggies were crisp tender; I served the veggies also with chunks of fresh pineapple on the side.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Indonesian Style Country Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.4
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: